- MIT people directory
- Institute for Soldier Nanotechnology Intranet
- Electron Microscopy Lab Reservations
- MIT libraries
- MIT Open Access Policy
- Opt-out of MIT Open Access (due to publication in Nature, Science, etc.)
- ATLAS navigate the MIT world (make a purchase, request a repair, payroll, personal info, etc.)
- Essay in The Economist highlighting the process of replicating data and experiments in the lab.
- Tomorrow's Professor is a guide to help you prepare for, find, and succeed at academic careers in science and engineering.
- SunCat Summer School 2013 (Password required, ask Marcel)
- Virtual issue Solar Fuels. Photocatalytic Hydrogen Generation in the Journal of Physical Chemistry C
- How to get published in Nature Communications by Nicky Dean (Associate Editor)
- Publishing your research 101: Ep. 1 "How to Write a Paper to Communicate Your Research" (Interview with G. Whitesides)
- Whitesides' Group: Writing a Paper
- Jens Nørskov's group's "CatApp" - a mobile web app for looking up calculated reaction and activation energies for elementary coupling reactions occurring on metal surfaces.
- The demo version of Diamond to visualize crystal structures
- VESTA. Free, multi-platform software to visualize crystal structures
- EEL group wiki (login required)
Environmental Health and Safety
- Web of Science (search for academic publications)
- Google Scholar (search for academic publications...with Google!)
- NIST Guide for the Use of the International System of Units (SI)
- NIST Chemistry Web Book (thermodynamic data, spectra, etc.)
- SciFinder Scholar (search by structure, reaction, etc.)
- Knovel (virtual bookshelf with Polymer Handbook, Perry's, etc.)
- Springer Materials Database (formerly Landhold-Börnstein). A good resource to look up physical or crystallographic data
- Crystallography Open Database. A database for crystallographic information and cif-files.