For the past several years, members of MIT's staff have been engaged in a process of discovery, research and reporting on issues surrounding how to ensure that MIT's electronic records--its institutional memory--are not at risk of being lost.
As with any research area, keeping a current list of important sites, URL's and so forth can be a challenge. As part of the preparation for the CAUSE98 Pre-Conference Seminar on Managing Electronic Records in Higher Education, we prepared a web page of Useful ERM Sites.
- June, 1995
- Our MIT White Paper, Managing Electronic Evidence: A Risk Management Perspective, was published to an internal MIT audience.
- Fall, 1997
- CAUSE/EFFECT paper, Our Institutional Memory at Risk: Collaborators to the Rescue
- 7/1997; Functions:
- MIT hosted a cross-institutional meeting to discuss possible collaboration on pushing ahead with the Functional Requirements work that was done at the U. of Pittsburgh's NHPRC project. We were joined by colleagues from the Commonwealth of Mass., the Mass. State Archives, and the MIT Audit Division. The results of that meeting are being written and circulated.
- 4/1998; SAP Archiving
- Discovery is notified that work is needed to determine how to archive SAP transactions from the production database. Tim is assigned the task of writing a charter for the work.
- 4/1998; Archival Cooperation
- Tim and Helen meet with archivists (and others) from the other land grant institutions around New England to discuss cooperative projects, and interest in submitting proposals for funding by NHPRC.
- 5/1998; AHDS Pointers
- STANDARDS & PRESERVATION RESOURCE LISTS
The UK Arts & Humanities Data Service Provides New and Revised Resource Pages:
- **Standards for the Interchange of Digital Information**
- 11/1998; MER '98 Conference
- Tim attended the annual Managing Electronic Records Conference in Chicago, hosted by Cohasset Associates.
- 12/1998; CAUSE98 Conference Features MIT ERM Folks
- In addition to convening the CAUSE Constituent Group of Electronic Records meeting, Helen and Tim are also offering a pre-conference tutorial on Managing Electronic Records in Higher Education.
Copyright © 1998 Massachusetts Institute of