Handling Pest Problems
Seasonal changes and incomplete food disposal can draw unwanted animal visitors to MIT buildings. Please follow the "Tips to Deter Pests" below and report any problems promptly.
- Call professional exterminators
- Provide proper disposal receptacles for food
More info? Visit the Custodial Services web page.
- Completely clean up leftover food after lunches or meetings.
- Put food garbage in appropriate areas to be removed each day.
- Discourage seasonal nesting by minimizing opportunities for building entry.
- Report any pest intrusions to Facilities.