FIRST - Team 97
The 2008 season is underway. 97 is pursuing its most ambitious design in years. Think http://www.airtrax.com. Except it has to lift these.
Here's a quick video of the gyro-compensated drive system:
Some pictures of the forklift and robot coming together:
Thank you to our 2008 sponsors:
The Edgerton Center at MIT
MIT Department of Mechanical Engineering
Consent and Emergency Contact Form
You cannot use power or machine tools until you return this form!
Official FIRST Web Page
Chief Delphi FIRST Forums
Memorable Team Quotes:
"We don't have enough duct tape." -Matthew, 2008
"Shane, there are an endless number of things you can do with springs." -Alex, 2008
"I think we should open the stick." -Aziz, 2007
"These monsters aren't letting me sleep." -Aziz, 2007
"How many paragraphs you write, Shane?" -Aziz, 2007
"Bring all the bottles of wine to me." -Ed, 2007
"I don't like it. I wanna go home." -Dan, 2007
"Where's the robot?" -Dan, 2007
"Are you a pilot? Can I fly the plane? I'll give you a dollar." -Dan, 2007
"But you can't ride a fountain." -Max, 2007
"I don't think Ed likes me very much." -Robbie, 2006
"Wait, I'm a little confused." -Dan, 2006
"What's the phrase I'm looking for? Oh yea, $*%^ you both." -Ed, 2006
"I'm afraid I won't be able to come; I don't really care for robots." - Matt, 2006
"Kabir, Manchester looks a lot like Boston today." -Shane, 2005
"I have low standards right now." -Kabir, 2005
You know you've been in the shop too long if...
- You have been wearing more or less the same clothes to the shop for
- You feel like you are wearing safety glasses for hours after your take them off.
- Coffee, Donuts, Soda, Pizza, Repeat.
- You bring the robot to Home Depot to test parts in the parking lot.
- Your non-FIRST friends call you to make sure you are still alive.
- You have uttered some choice four-letter words at the IFI Loader.
- At the end of the night, your sixth sense guides you to IHOP without written directions.
- At IHOP, you hear the cappuccino machine and look over to see who is using the dremel.
Infamous Time/Money Sinks (and who to blame):
- The Craptop and the dashboard program. (Shane)
- Pneumatically-actuated, one horsepower work cart with 16"x6" wheels. (Vlad)
- Tetra grabber. (Ryan)
- Poof-ball shooting mechanism. (Matt)
- CMU cam. (I don't know.)
- Shipping the robot freight from B.U. to MIT. (FIRST)
- POV-Ray field models. (Shane)
- Photomosaic program (see above). (Shane)