Meeting with your Advisor and Associate Advisor
During Orientation week you will be meeting with your Freshman Advisor and Associate Advisor to discuss which classes you plan to take and to finalize registration for your fall term subjects.
Review this page carefully for details on your first advising meetings, including:
- Welcome Email from Your Advisor
- Lunch with Your Associate Advisor and Orientation Leader
- Your Individual Registration Meeting
Your advisor should be sending you an email welcome message before August 24, with information about him/herself and specific instructions for getting together during Orientation week. If you do not hear from your advisor by the beginning of Orientation, email firstname.lastname@example.org, so that UAAP advising staff can help you.
On Tuesday, August 28, 12:30-2:00pm, you and your fellow advisees will have lunch with your Orientation leader and your Associate Advisor at an assigned place.
This lunch is an opportunity to ask questions about the first-year curriculum and to discuss other academic topics.
By 5:00 pm on Thursday, August 30, you must be fully registered for Fall term classes.
Most advisors will be meeting with you on the 30th, but your advisor may wish to meet with you earlier in the week. Your advisor will notify you about how, when, where. Please make sure to make note of this appointment.
- At the appointed time, you, your advisor, and associate advisor will meet for your individual registration conference.
- BRING YOUR LAPTOP OR SMART PHONE to your registration meeting. Registration is electronic, so having electronic access to your Online Advising Folder and your online Registration Form is important.
- At your meeting, your advisor and you will be talking about your educational and personal goals and how the subjects you want to take in the Fall Term will meet them.
- Your advisor will also have access to your Online Advising Folder information.
- Your Associate Advisor does not have access to your records, but will offer advice and help you plan out an appropriate schedule.
- You will fill out the online registration form.
- Your advisor will sign off on the form.
- If you have your laptop or smart phone, you can then immediately submit your registration.
See the Fall Registration page in the Academics section for complete information.