Department Exploration Events
Aeronautics and Astronautics
Thursday April 11
12:00-12:45 & 1:00-1:45 PM, Tours of Aero/Astro, departing from 33-202
2-4 PM, 37-252 (Marlar Lounge), Opportunities for Aerospace Engineers in the Future of Space Explorations featuring Prof. Karen Wilcox and Prof. Jeffrey Hoffman
4:15-5:15 PM,Tour of the Space System Lab, departing from 37-252
5:15-6:15 PM Tour of the Man Vehicle Lab, departing from 37-315
Friday, April 12, 11:30 AM- 1:30 PM, 7-429 (Long Lounge)
Thursday April 11, 7-8 PM, 68-181
Brain and Cognitive Science
Friday April 12, 11:45 AM-12:45 PM, Building 46, 3rd Floor Atrium
Thursday April 11, 3:30-5PM, 66-201
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Friday April 12, 4-5 PM, 1-131
Earth Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences (EAPS)
Friday April 12, 8:30-10:00 AM, 54-923
Thursday April 11, 12:00-1:30 PM, E62-233
Materials Science and Engineering
Friday April 12, 3-4 PM, 6-104
Friday April 12, 3-5 PM, 26-110
Friday April 12
4:00 PM, Mech E (2, 2A, 2OE) Information Session and Tour, 3-270, (Tour following at 4:30)
4:30 PM, Course 2OE Information Session and Tour, 3-270
Thursday April 18th
7:30-8:00 PM, ASME Freshman Course 2 Information Session, Mech E Commons, (followed by study break)
Be prepared to ask students about their departments. Here are some questions you might ask students at departmental exploration events to help you determine whether or not a given major is for you.
- Why did you choose this major?
- What about this major interests you?
- What do you find to be the biggest challenge of your major?
- What classes do you think tell a lot about the core concepts of the major?
- What career options exist within this field?
- What are some of the resources to use to find helpful information for this major?
- What are the UROPs that exist in this major?
- How did you get a UROP in this department?
- What are the related campus activities and organizations that you have found match interests of students in this department?
- Do you think that pursuing a graduate degree in this major is advantageous?
- How big are the classes?
- Are the faculty accessible?
- Does your department have an undergraduate student club?
- How many social programs exist for majors?