Tutoring Resources & Learning Strategies
Explore the MIT Center for Academic Excellence (ACADEX), which provides comprehensive resources to helps you strengthen your learning skills and connect with resources within MIT. Explore the site to learn more about
- Time Management: Learn to use your time efficiently and develop more effective strategies for studying can be key to success in the second term.
- Lectures and Recitations: Tips on using your lecture and recitation time productively
- Tooling and Studying: Advice from how to develop your study action plan, effective reading and note-Taking, psetting, effective writing, strategies for working in groups and structuring project work, giving presentations, and effectively incorporating breaks into your study plan.
- Mastering Tests: Find information about exam preparation, from creating a study plan, to carrying it out and performing well on test day.
- Tutoring Resources: information on various sources of tutoring.
The site also provides information on additional resources and support services.
Student Support Services (S3). S3 deans work with students on a broad spectrum of issues, from academic-related problems to excused absences for illness and on through mental health-related issues. One of the S3 deans can help you figure out what issues might impacting your studies and work with you to find a good solution.