Department Exploration Events
Upcoming Departmental Events
- Course 15 Undergraduate Open House: Wednesday, April 16, 4:00 to 5:30 PM, in the Bush Room (10-105)
Learn about the Course 15 major, minors, and other educational opportunities available at Sloan. Students from all years are welcome.
Be prepared to ask students about their departments. Here are some questions you might ask students at departmental exploration events to help you determine whether or not a given major is for you.
- Why did you choose this department?
- What about this department most interests you?
- What is the biggest strength of this department?
- What do you find to be the biggest challenge of your department?
- What classes do you think tell a lot about the core concepts of the field?
- What sorts of internship and career opportunities do students in this department pursue?
- In what ways could someone find more information about this department?
- What are the UROPs that exist in this department?
- How can you find a UROP in this department?
- What are the related campus activities and organizations that match interests of students in this department?
- Do you think that pursuing a graduate degree in this department is advantageous?
- What is the average class size?
- How accessible are the faculty to undergraduates?
- How flexible are the requirements in this department?
- What is something about this department that most people don't know?