Critical Summer Actions & Deadlines
Here are the first key deadlines you must meet as a new MIT student.
Items must be received by MIT or completed online by 5 pm US Eastern Daylight Time on the date given.
As Soon as Possible:
- Submit your Final Transcript to the Admissions Office (link leads to instructions). If you have already mailed this, you needn't resubmit. Please contact the Admissions Office directly at: email@example.com, if you have concerns about whether your final transcript has been received. UAAP advising and Orientation staff cannot answer this question.
May 6-May 28
- Registration period for the FIRST offering of the online administration of Freshman Essay Evaluation (FEE). The deadline to register for the FIRST online FEE is 5 pm EDT on May 28. For complete information on FEE registration dates and deadlines, please see the FEE site at: http://writing.mit.edu/wac/fee/deadlines/.
- The Freshman Housing Lottery opens on Saturday, June 1 and closes on Saturday, June 15. You MUST enter the summer housing lottery by 5 pm on Saturday, June 15. If you want to live in a RBA residence hall, when you enter the Summer Housing Lottery, be sure to rank the RBA residence halls in your top four choices. Within the lottery, you will also be asked to select your RBA-specific advising preferences for each ranked house.
- The Freshman Advising Application also becomes available today. All incoming freshmen (including those submitting RBA preference) must complete the freshman advising application by Saturday, June 15, 2013. Use the advising application to provide MIT with your advising preferences for your first year.
Saturday, June 15
- Freshman Housing Lottery deadline. You must submit your housing preferences by this date.
- Freshman Advising Application deadline (your selected preference for seminar, traditional, or learning community advising)
- Freshman Pre-Orientation Programs Application deadline
- Submit your Photo (for MIT ID and Picture Book)
Tuesday, July 9
- Registration deadline for SECOND online administration of Freshman Essay Evaluation (FEE). The deadline to register for the SECOND online FEE is 5 pm EDT on July 9. For complete information on FEE registration dates and deadlines, please see the FEE site at: http://writing.mit.edu/wac/fee/deadlines/.
Friday, July 19
- Deadline to complete Student Success Sexual Assault Prevention Training
- Transfer Credit materials (Math, Chemistry, Physics) must be received for evaluation.
Friday, July 26:
Thursday, August 1
- Fall Term Tuition Payment due. See the Student Financial Services website for more information.
- Your MIT Orientation Registration form is due. This form not only tells us when you plan to arrive and how to contact you over the summer, but also whether you have any dietary preferences/food allergies.
- Submit your Emergency Contact Information form on WebSIS (mandatory). MIT needs to have your emergency information. Please discuss this with your parents or guardians and then fill out both your Personal Emergency Contact and Campus Emergency Notification (MITAlert) information online on WebSIS. Re-check your information at the beginning of each term or whenever your emergency information changes.
Monday, August 12
- Registration deadline for the Chemistry (5.111) Advanced Standing Exam.
Thursday, August 15
- Online Freshman Advising Folder becomes available.
Friday, August 19
- HASS-D Lottery (deadline for entering the Lottery is August 19, at 5 pm EDT)
Wednesday, August 21
- Registration deadline for the Biology (7.012) Advanced Standing Exam.
Monday, August 26
- Calculus (18.01) & Physics (8.02) Advanced Standing Exams: 8 - 11 am
- All freshmen (except those receiving 8.01 credit from non-MIT exams) MUST sit for the Math Diagnostic on Monday, August 26 from 2:30 to 4 pm.
- Make-FEE/English Diagnostic Review: 4 - 6:30 pm
Tuesday, August 27
- Calculus (18.02) & Physics (8.01) Advanced Standing Exams: 8 - 11 am
Wednesday, August 28
- Chemistry Advanced Standing Exam: 8 - 11 am
Friday, August 30
- Biology Advanced Standing Exam: 8 - 11 am
Friday, September 13:
- Take care of your health insurance. If you have comparable coverage and do not want to continue in the MIT Student Extended Insurance Plan, you must complete your waiver form online no later than September 13, 2013.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions that are not addressed on this site, please feel free to email the UAAP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-253-6771. Our office is open from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.