MIT's student life is as diverse as its student body. The Office of the Dean for Student Life (DSL) is the foundation to MIT's support for student life and coordinates a variety of services and programs, such as undergraduate housing, student activities, athletics and recreation, and conflict resolution.
In the meantime, here are links to a few of the offices in DSL that can assist with questions that you may have about opportunities here at MIT:
- Department of Athletics, Physical Education, and Recreation (DAPER): Physical Education requirement, recreation, club sports, intramurals, intercollegiate/varsity athletics, sports medicine, athletic facilities, etc. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus Dining: all aspects of food service on campus, including meal plans and management of food contractors. For more information see the Office of Campus Dining website.
- Housing: coordinates all aspects of MIT housing, including the summer undergraduate housing lottery, undergraduate, graduate, and family housing; off-campus housing; summer and guest housing; housing operations and administration; evening operations and dormitory security and more. See the Housing website or email email@example.com for additional information.
- Religious Life at MIT: from the MIT Board of Chaplains to student religious groups, counseling, private talks, program development, worship, prayer and more. The Religious Life page, contains information on MIT religious resources and contact information for the MIT Chaplains, related offices and programs.
- Student Development and Support: wide range of services including the Student Activities Office (SAO), the MIT Hobby Shop, the Public Service Center (PSC), Community Development and Substance Abuse, Mediation @ MIT, and the Office of Student Citizenship.
- DSL also supports LGBT@MIT, Fraternities, Sororities, and ILGs (FSILGs), and the MIT Latino Cultural Center.
For additional information, please explore the Student Life website.