During Orientation 2013, you will have many opportunities to mingle with your new classmates as well as MIT faculty and staff. You'll have the chance to explore academic options, campus/student life programs, MIT residences, the campus and its resources, and the Boston/Cambridge area.
Orientation 2013 includes pre-orientation programs (FPOPs) offered right before the official beginning of orientation, the President's convocation, faculty lectures, and an academic expo where you'll get to meet faculty and administrators from academic departments and programs. You'll also be participating in various special orientation programs and events designed to introduce you to life at MIT.
Orientation Arrival & Check-In dates are as follows:
- Approved athletes: August 15 and 16. Attention Athletes: If you are participating in a varsity sport and have not been in touch with your coach, please do so at your earliest convenience. A complete listing of all coaches and email addresses can be found at: http://www.mitathletics.com/information/directory/index.
- International Student Arrival: August 17 and August 18. International Orientation events are held Monday, August 19 and Tuesday, August 20.
- Freshman Pre-Orientation Program (FPOP) Arrival: August 19, 20 and 21. FPOPs are by application only. They vary in subject area, location, price, and length. The application is not first-come, first-served, so take your time considering your options.
- Parent Orientation: Saturday, August 24 and Sunday, August 25. Please see the Parent Information section for complete details and registration information.
- Remaining Class of 2017 Arrival: August 24 and 25. All students must check in by 12 NOON on August 25.
The Orientation schedule can be found in the Hitchhiker's Guide, which will become available from this site as a PDF document later this summer.
If you have any Orientation questions that are not addressed on this site, please feel free to email the Orientation staff at email@example.com or call 617-253-6772. Our office is open 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
We look forward to meeting you when you arrive!