First-Year Academics: Your Registration
You are responsible for ensuring that your registration is accurate and properly reflects the classes that you are attending this term.
- On January 26, you and your advisor will have access to your online Spring 2015 Registration (based on your pre-registration).
- You need to meet with your advisor between January 26 and February 2 to complete your registration.
- If you are on campus at the end of IAP, arrange to meet with your advisor earlier than Registration Day, February 2, to complete your registration.
- Once you have submitted your registration, all changes need to be made using the digital Add/Drop forms.
Your advisor will receive a hard copy of your Fall Internal (Hidden) Grades by January 8. You can pick up your copy from your advisor when you meet for registration.
If your registration is on hold, you must still meet in person with your advisor to go over your registration choices for Spring term. Your registration cannot be submitted online until you clear the hold. Once it is cleared, you will be able to complete your registration.
Remember that 57 units is the maximum for spring term. The increased freshman credit limit allows you more room for exploration. If some of your fall term classes were a review, then you may be experience new material for the first time. Even if you did extremely well in fall classes, you'll may find that spring subjects are more difficult and time-consuming.
Note: If you are voted a Warning by the Committee on Academic Performance from the fall semester, your spring credit limit is fixed at 4 subjects, up to 48 units.
- If you declared a major and know who your new departmental advisor is: Arrange with your new advisor about getting registered on or before Registration Day. Your relationship with your departmental advisor may be different from what you've been used to, so be pro-active in getting in touch.
- If you declared a major, but have not yet been assigned to an advisor: Be in touch with the Undergraduate Administrator for your new department for instructions on how to complete Registration.
- If you declared yourself Undesignated and are staying with your freshman advisor: Register with your freshman advisor, who will continue to have access to your registration information.
Remember to verify your registration for accuracy on WebSIS by February 6, before your schedule is taken off line. You must report any discrepancies to the Registrar's office, room 5-119.
Be sure to check your status of registration on WebSIS well before Add and Drop Date each term so that you can make corrections as needed before the given deadline. You have to submit an Add/Drop/Change form to add or drop classes after your registration has been submitted.
Please pay close attention to the Add and Drop deadlines on the Academic Calendar, as registration changes must be submitted by these deadlines.
For Spring 2015, these deadlines are:
- ADD DATE: Friday, March 6
- DROP DATE: Thursday, April 23
Failure to pay attention to posted deadlines will have academic and financial consequences.