Freshman Advising: Your Online Freshman Advising Folder
Your Online Advising Folder is now available. The Folder brings together information and testing results that will help you and your freshman advisor choose subjects and plan your first year. Your Folder will also provide the name and e-mail address of your freshman advisor, and if applicable, your Freshman Advising Seminar assignment or Terrascope/ Mission 2018 acceptance status.
The Online Advising Folder shows your reported scores and any MIT credit or placement granted from: Advanced Placement Examinations (AP), International exams (e.g. GCE A-Level, International Baccalaureate, etc.), and any evaluated transfer credit. The folder also displays placement exam recommendations from the Freshman Essay Evaluation, the Math Diagnostic for Physics Placement, and any MIT Advanced Standing Examinations taken in Orientation.
Accessing your folder
- You can access your folder from https://edu-apps.mit.edu/testscores/FFControl. Please note: the folder is NOT available between the hours of 1AM. and 5AM due to regularly scheduled server maintenance.
- Access to your personal academic and financial records is limited to you and MIT officials who have a legitimate educational interest (for more information see MIT's Student Information Policy). Given this policy, Folder access requires authentication via MIT Kerberos identity or MIT web certificates.
- On or soon after August 18, be sure to check your Folder to confirm that we have your scores before you meet with your advisor for Fall Registration.
- Not all information will be in your Folder when it first goes live, so check back several times in August and September.
- If information is missing, please follow the instructions on your Advising Folder for having scores reported. For example, if your AP scores are not on your folder, you will find a direct link to the College Board website.