Advising: Meeting your Freshman Advisor during Orientation
You will meet your freshman advisor and associate advisor during Orientation to get registered for your fall term classes. You will receive an email from your advisor in mid-late August with details about when and where your first advising meeting will be held.
You will first meet your advisor as part of your advising group on Tuesday, August 26, and then individually with your advisor to complete your registration on Thursday, August 28.
Your advisor will be sending you an email welcome message by August 22, with information about him/herself and specific instructions for meeting during Orientation week. If you do not receive an email by Friday, August 22, be sure to email Dean Elizabeth Young (email@example.com).
Tuesday, August 26, 3:30-5:00 pm, you will meet in your advisor's office or another location specified in their welcome email.
This is an initial group meeting to meet your advisor, associate advisor and the other freshmen in your advising group and to arrange individual registration meetings.
By 5:00 pm on Thursday, August 28, you must be fully registered for your fall classes.
- BRING YOUR LAPTOP OR SMART PHONE to your registration meeting. Registration is electronic, so having electronic access to your Online Advising Folder and your online Registration Form is necessary. Detailed registration instructions can be found on the Registrar's website.
- Your advisor will also have access to your Online Advising Folder information.
- Your associate advisor does not have access to your records, but will offer advice and help you plan out an appropriate schedule.
- You will fill out the online registration form.
- Your advisor will sign off on the form.
- If you have your laptop or smart phone, you can then immediately submit your registration.
See the Fall Registration page in the Academics section for complete registration information.