Countdown to Campus: AlcoholEdu and Haven for College Students
Prior to arriving at MIT, all incoming first-year undergraduate students are expected to complete the AlcoholEdu and Haven for College Students programs, created by EverFi.
AlcoholEdu uses science-based research and evidence-based interactive strategies, including personalized feedback, to educate students about alcohol and its effects. Haven uses a non-opinionated tone and style to provide important prevention skills and strategies to all students around issues associated with sexual assault, relationship violence and stalking.
When do I complete this program?
- Students are expected to complete Part One of this program anytime between July 1 and July 19, 2014.
Why am I being asked to complete this program?
- MIT is committed to fostering a healthy and safe environment that supports its educational mission and that is free from exploitation and intimidation.
- We want to ensure that you have a better understanding of the various behaviors that fall under the umbrella of sexual misconduct.
- We want to ensure that you have a better understanding of the risks associated with alcohol and drug use.
- We want to ensure that you are knowledgeable of resources available for additional education and support.
How long will it take me to complete this program?
- Part One of the program takes about 2 to 2 ½ hours to complete. It is highly recommended that you take it in multiple sittings. This section ends with an exam and survey. You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to pass the course. Part One must be finished by July 19, 2014.
What is the expectation for the successful completion of the program?
- You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to pass the course. Part One must be finished by July 19, 2014. Please create your EverFi account with your MIT email. You will be prompted to enter your 9-digit MIT Student ID in order to receive credit for completion.
What information will be gathered?
The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students' alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students' responses. Administrators will have access to student test scores, but like the surveys, will not have access to individual responses.
What are the technical requirements needed to complete the program? Is there technical support?
To complete the program, you will need Internet access and audio capabilities. If you do not have ready access to a computer, use a computer at a local library, copy center, or community center. Additional questions regarding technical requirements can be directed to Melissa Martin-Greene at email@example.com.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support on the AlcoholEdu website, the Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the "Technical Help" button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.
What do I do if I am a student with a disability?
MIT will make accommodations for students who are unable to complete the course in its current form on account of a disability. Please contact Kathleen Monagle, Associate Dean of Student Disability Services, at 617-253-1473 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I access this program?
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
You are expected to complete Alcoholedu and Haven. You will need one EverFi Higher Education Account to access these courses from your dashboard. We urge you to add all courses to your dashboard before beginning any of the content.
Please create your EverFi account with your MIT email.
If you DON'T HAVE an EverFi Higher Ed. Account:
- Go to: http://www.everfi.com/register
- Enter a Registration Code (from table below)
- Once at your EverFi Dashboard, click Add a Course and enter the next Registration Code, etc.
- Your registration codes are:
- AlcoholEdu: 60cacc25
- Haven: 28c3cabe
If you DO HAVE an EverFi Higher Ed. Account and need to add courses to your dashboard:
- Go to http://www.everfi.com/login
- Once signed in, click Add a Course (at the bottom of your dashboard)
- Enter a Registration Code (from table below)
- During mid-September, you will receive an email prompting you to complete Part Two of the program.
- Part Two of the program takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- There is no grade associated with Part Two.
- Part Two of the program must be completed by September 30, 2014.
- You must complete Part Two to officially finish the program.