Countdown to Campus Arrival
Before you arrive on campus for Orientation there are a number of items that you must attend to over the summer. Use the Critical Actions and Deadlines page as a checklist to make sure you submit forms and registrations and take tests on time.
The following links describe critical activities that must be performed by specified deadlines before you arrive for Orientation. These are the first key steps you must take as a new MIT student. Please be sure to comprehensively review the advice and information provided on each of the pages.
- Create Your Kerberos ID and MIT Web Certificates via MyMIT (if you have not already done so). Once you create your Kerberos ID, be sure to regularly check, read, and respond to your MIT email.
- Enter the Housing Lottery & Explore Campus Dining Options
- Submit Freshman Advising Choices & Learn about First-Year Academic Options
- Apply for Freshman Pre-Orientation Programs
- Send in your Photo for your MIT ID Card
- Register and take the online FEE
- Document any AP/IB/Transfer credit
- Complete the AlcoholEdu and Haven for College Students (MUST COMPLETE BETWEEN JULY 1 & JULY 25)
- Complete the Orientation Registration Form, including whether your parent(s) will attend Parent Orientation
- Submit your Emergency Contact Information, Final Transcript & Medical Report Form