During Orientation 2014, you will have many opportunities to mingle with your new classmates as well as MIT faculty and staff. You'll have the chance to explore academic options, campus/student life programs, MIT residences, the campus and its resources, and the Boston/Cambridge area.
Orientation 2014 includes pre-orientation programs (FPOPs) offered right before the official beginning of orientation, the President's convocation, faculty lectures, and an academic expo where you'll get to meet faculty and administrators from academic departments and programs. You'll also be participating in various special orientation programs and events designed to introduce you to life at MIT.
Orientation Arrival & Check-In dates are as follows:
- Approved athletes- Attention Fall Athletes: If you are participating in a varsity sport and have not been in touch with your coach regarding the arrival date for you team, please do so at your earliest convenience. A complete listing of all coaches and email addresses can be found at: http://www.mitathletics.com/information/directory/index.
- International Student Arrival: August 16 and August 17. International Orientation events are held Monday, August 18 and Tuesday, August 19. The International Orientation Program that begins on August 18th is only for international students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. U.S. citizens living abroad and permanent residents must attend the campus Orientation that begins on August 24th.
- Freshman Pre-Orientation Program (FPOP) Arrival: August 18, 19 and 20. FPOPs are by application only. They vary in subject area, location, price, and length. The application is not first-come, first-served, so take your time considering your options.
- Parent Orientation: Parents can check in on Saturday, August 23 and Sunday, August 24. Parent Orientation events will be held August 24 and 25. Please see the Parent Information section for complete details and registration information.
- Remaining Class of 2018 Arrival: August 23 and 24. All students must check in by 12 NOON on August 24.
The Orientation schedule can be found in the Hitchhiker's Guide, which will become available from this site as a PDF document later this summer.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow @MITOrientation on Twitter for the most up to date information.
If you have any Orientation questions that are not addressed on this site, please feel free to email the Orientation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-253-6772. Our office is open 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
We look forward to meeting you when you arrive!