First-Year Academics: Freshman Grading
First term freshmen receive grades of Pass or No Record (C=Passing grade). In second term, freshmen receive grades of A,B. C or No Record. See the details below:
Fall semester and IAP grading: All subjects graded as either Pass or No Record (P/NR)
- Internal transcript records D or F grades as DN or FN (N=no record)
- External transcript shows only subjects passed (recorded as P)
- Internal "Hidden" grades are given in Fall and IAP to advisors; grades cannot be used for outside purposes, e.g., scholarships, jobs, reduced insurance rates, grad school, etc. See Grades and Student Privacy for more information.
Spring semester grading: All subjects graded A, B, C, or No Record
- Internal and external transcripts record grades of A, B, or C. D or F grades continue to be noted only internally DN or FN (N=no record)
- External transcript shows only subjects passed, recorded as actual A, B, C grade.
- Second semester freshmen begin accumulating GPA that includes only grades of A, B, or C.
The Registrar's site has complete information on freshman grades.