Advising Right Now: Advising Timeline
Below is a list of important upcoming dates and deadlines relevant to your work with advisees. See the full Academic Calendar on the Registrar's site for key dates, including campus and religious holidays.
By August 13
- You will be receiving an email with the names of your freshman advisees.
By August 20
- Send welcome emails to advisees introducing yourself and identify your meeting locations.
- Advisor Orientation, 12:00-1:30pm (Lunch included), Location 10-250
August 26: 3:30-5 PM
- Initial Advising Group Meeting. Meetings will be in your office or other location, which we will request from you August 1.
August 28: Freshman Registration
- All freshmen must be registered by 5:00 PM. If you are out of town on that day, please let Elizabeth Young know immediately. UAAP will provide registration coverage in your absence.
- First Day of Fall Classes
Week of September 15:
- Recommended check-in with advisees. Remind advisees to double-check registration status on WebSIS (not Stellar) prior to Add Date.
- Add Date. Please check in with advisees prior to this deadline in case freshmen need to adjust their registrations.