Advising Right Now: Advising Timeline
Below is a list of important upcoming dates and deadlines relevant to your work with advisees. Please click on links provided for details and procedures. See the full Academic Calendar on the Registrar's site for key dates, including campus and religious holidays.
Week of December 2:
- Recommended end of term check-in with advisees.
Monday, December 2:
- Online Pre-Registration for IAP and Spring Term opens. All students initiate online pre-registration.
Wednesday, December 11:
- Last day of Fall Term classes.
Monday, December 16-Friday, December 20:
- Fall Term Final Exam Period.
Monday, December 30:
- Deadline for students to initiate pre-registration without a fee.
Monday, January 6:
- IAP 2014 begins.
Monday, January 27:
- Online Registration opens for Spring classes.
Monday, February 3:
- Registration Day
Week of March 3:
- Week of Add Date. Remind advisees to double-check their status of Registration on WebSIS (not Stellar).
Friday, March 7:
Week of March 10 and thereafter:
- Fifth Week Flags from instructors begin to be sent. Please check in with any advisee receiving a flag.
Weeks of March 10 and March 17:
- Recommended mid-semester check-in with all advisees, but especially with any student who receives one or more Fifth Week Flags.
Week of April 14:
- Recommended pre-Drop Date check-ins, especially for any advisee who received a Fifth Week Flag, to assess the wisdom of dropping a subject.
Thursday, April 24:
Thursday, May 1:
- Online Pre-Registration for Fall Term opens. All students initiate online preregistration.
Thursday, May 15:
- Last day of Spring classes
Monday, May 19-Friday, May 23:
- Final Exam Period