Advising Right Now: Advising Timeline
Below is a list of important upcoming dates and deadlines relevant to your work with advisees. Please click on links provided for details and procedures. See the full Academic Calendar on the Registrar's site for key dates, including campus and religious holidays.
Week of March 3:
- Week of Add Date. Remind advisees to double-check their status of Registration on WebSIS (not Stellar).
Week of March 10 and thereafter:
- Fifth Week Flags from instructors begin to be sent. Please check in with any advisee receiving a flag.
Weeks of March 10 and March 17:
- Recommended mid-semester check-in with all advisees, but especially with any student who receives one or more Fifth Week Flags.
Week of April 14:
- Recommended pre-Drop Date check-ins, especially for any advisee who received a Fifth Week Flag, to assess the wisdom of dropping a subject.
Choice of Major Form deadline. Read more on the Assisting Advisees with Choice of Major page.
- Online Pre-Registration for Fall Term opens. All students initiate online pre-registration.
- Last day of Spring classes
May 19-May 23:
- Final Exam Period