Advising Right Now: Advising Timeline
Below is a list of important upcoming dates and deadlines relevant to your work with advisees.
See the full Academic Calendar on the Registrar's site for key dates, including campus and religious holidays. The schedule of First Year Core Subject Quiz dates, can also be found on the Registrar's site.
- March 6: Add Date
- March 9 and thereafter: Fifth Week Flags email notices begin to go out to freshmen.
- Weeks of March 9 and March 16: Recommended mid-semester check-in with advisees, but especially any studewnt who receives one or more fifth week flags.
- March 23-27: Spring Vacation
- March 27: Deadline to nominate for Outstanding Associate Advisor , Freshman Advisor and Freshman Awards
- Week of April 13: Recommended pre-Drop Date check-ins, especially for any advisee who received a Fifth Week Flag, to assess the wisdom of dropping a subject.
- April 16-19: Campus Preview Weekend
- April 23: Drop Date
- April 24: Choice of Major Form deadline. Read more on the Assisting Advisees with Choice of Major page.
- May 1: Online pre-registration for Fall 2015 opens. All students must inititate online pre-registration
- May 14: Last day of spring classes
- May 18-May 22: Final Exam Period