Advising Right Now: Advising Timeline
Below is a list of important upcoming dates and deadlines relevant to your work with advisees.
See the full Academic Calendar on the Registrar's site for key dates, including campus and religious holidays. The schedule of First Year Core Subject Quiz dates and the Final Examination schedule can also be found on the Registrar's site.
- Week of Sept 14: Recommended second week check-in with advisees. Remind advisees to double-check registration status on WebSIS (not Stellar) prior to Add Date.
- Oct 9: Add Date. Please check in with advisees prior to this deadline in case freshmen need to adjust their registrations.
- Week of Oct 12 and thereafter: Fifth Week Flags from instructors begin to be sent. Please check in on any advisee receiving a flag.
- Weeks of October 12 and October 19: Schedule mid-semester check-ins with all advisees, but especially for any advisee who receives one or more flags
- October 23 – October 25: Family Weekend. Many freshmen will have their parents visiting them on campus.
- November 18: Drop Date: Please check in well before this deadline, especially with any advisee who received a Fifth Week Flag, to assess the wisdom of dropping a subject.
- December 1: Online Pre-Registration for IAP and Spring Term begins. All students pre-register online.
- December 10: Last day of Fall Term Classes
- December 14 – December 18: Fall Term Final Exam Period
- December 30: Deadline to initiate Spring pre-registration without fee