Advising Right Now: Advising Timeline
Below is a list of important upcoming dates and deadlines relevant to your work with advisees.
See the full Academic Calendar on the Registrar's site for key dates, including campus and religious holidays. The schedule of First Year Core Subject Quiz dates and the Final Examination schedule can also be found on the Registrar's site.
- Oct. 7: Add Date. Please check-in with advisees prior to this deadline in case freshmen need to adjust their registrations.
- Oct. 10 & thereafter - Fifth Week Flags from instructors begin to be sent. Please check in on any advisee receiving a flag.
- Weeks of October 10 & 17: Schedule mid-semester check-ins with all advisees, but especially any advisee who receives one or more flags.
- October 28-29: Family Weekend - Many freshmen will have their parents visiting them on campus.
- Nov. 23: Drop Date: Check in with advisees well before this deadline, especially any advisee who received a Fifth Week Flag, to assess the possibility of dropping a subject.
- Dec. 1: Online Pre-Registration for IAP and Spring Term begins. All students pre-register online.
- Dec. 14: Last day of Fall Term classes
- Dec. 16 - 22: Fall Term Final Exam Period
- Dec. 29: Deadline for students to initiate pre-registration without a fee, and to select preferences for Spring CI-H/CI-HW subjects.