Advising Right Now: Advising Timeline
Below is a list of important upcoming dates and deadlines relevant to your work with advisees.
See the full Academic Calendar on the Registrar's site for key dates, including campus and religious holidays. The schedule of First Year Core Subject Quiz dates and the Final Examination schedule can also be found on the Registrar's site.
- By August 14: You will be receiving an email with the names of your freshman advisees.
- By August 21: Send welcome emails to advisees introducing yourself and identify your meeting locations.
- August 31: Advisor Orientation, 9-10:30 am, Location 10-250
- Sept 1: 3:30-5 PM: Initial Advising Group Meeting. Meetings will be in your office or other location, which we will request from you August 1.
- Sept 3: Freshman Registration: All freshmen must be registered by 5:00 PM. If you are out of town on that day, please let Elizabeth Young know immediately. UAAP will provide registration coverage in your absence.
- Sept 9: First Day of Fall Classes
- Week of Sept 21: Recommended check-in with advisees. Remind advisees to double-check registration status on WebSIS (not Stellar) prior to Add Date.
- Oct 3: Add Date. Please check in with advisees prior to this deadline in case freshmen need to adjust their registrations.