Advising Right Now: Advising Timeline
Below is a list of important upcoming dates and deadlines relevant to your work with advisees.
See the full Academic Calendar on the Registrar's site for key dates, including campus and religious holidays. The schedule of First Year Core Subject Quiz dates and the Final Examination schedule can also be found on the Registrar's site.
- Feb. 1: Registration Day
- Feb 2: First day of spring classes
- Feb 5: Deadline for students to complete registration without a fee
- Week of Feb. 15: Recommended second week check-in with advisees
- March 4: Add Date
- Week of March 7 and thereafter: Fifth Week Flags begin to be sent
- Weeks of March 7 and March 14: Schedule mid-semester check-ins with all advisees, but especially for any advisee who receives one or more flags
- March 21-26: Spring Vacation
- April 7-10: Campus Preview Weekend (CPW) Many freshmen will be hosting prospective students.
- Week of April 11: Recommended pre-Drop Date check-ins, especially for any advisee who received a Fifth Week Flag to assess the wisdom of dropping a subject.
- April 21: Drop Date
- April 22: Course Selection form deadline; freshmen should declare their major by this date. Read more on the Assisting Advisees with Choice of Major page.
- May 1: Online pre-registration for Fall 2016 opens. All students must initiate pre-registration
- May 12: Last Day of Classes
- May 16-20: Final Exam Period