Advising Right Now: Advising Timeline
Below is a list of important upcoming dates and deadlines relevant to your work with advisees.
See the full Academic Calendar on the Registrar's site for key dates, including campus and religious holidays. The schedule of First Year Core Subject Quiz dates and the Final Examination schedule can also be found on the Registrar's site.
- By Aug. 12: You will receive an email with the names of your freshman advisees no later than this date. This will include the link to the On-line Freshman Folder where you will have access to part of their Admission application and AP scores.
- By Monday, Aug. 22: Please plan to send a welcome letter introducing yourself and your Associate Advisor and identify your meeting locations.
- Aug. 29, 9-10:30 am, Room 10-250: All-Advisor Orientation
- Aug. 30, 3:30-5 pm: Initial Advising Group Meeting (your office or other location). We will request this information from you by August 1.
- Sept. 1: Freshman Registration - All freshmen must be registered by 5:00 pm. Please plan individual meetings with your advisees.
- Sept. 7: First Day of Fall Classes
- Week of Sept. 19: Recommended check-in with advisees. Remind advisees to double-check registration status on WebSIS (not Stellar) prior to Add Date.
- Oct. 7: Add Date. Please check-in with advisees prior to this deadline in case freshmen need to adjust their registrations.