Advising Right Now: Advisor Folders
This page details the two folders that you will use to glean and store information on each of your freshman advisees.
You will receive an email when your advisees' manila Advisor Folders are ready for pickup from the Office of Undergraduate Advising and Academic Programming.
The Advisor Folder is the manila paper folder where you will file such academic information as the Online Freshman Advising Folder and copies of registration forms, hidden grades, status of registration, etc., as these become available.
- The Advisor Folder will be empty at the start of the fall term.
- All significant information about each student will be in his/her Online Freshman Advising Folder. For easy reference, please print out and keep a hard copy of the online folder information in the student's manila Advisor Folder.
- Part 2 of the student's admissions application is only available as a PDF document via the Online Freshman Advising Folder. Please note that Part 2 is only available online until Registration Day, Sept. 2. After September 2, the Admissions information is taken down. Please print out a hard copy if you want to keep it in the student's folder.
- Because students can have access to their Advisor Folder at any time, we ask you to please keep any personal notes about advising meetings in a folder apart from the Advisor Folder.
- You keep the Advisor Folder for the freshman year; they are to be returned to the UAAP by May 20, 2015.
The Online Advising Folder is designed to help you and your advisees keep track of information and testing results that may affect the advising process (e.g., your advisees' incoming credit and placement). This information is not provided anywhere in hard copy, so we encourage you print copies of each advisee's Online Freshman Advising Folder to keep for easy reference.
Beginning Friday, August 15, you may access your advisees' Online Freshman Advising Folders through the advisor section of WebSIS, MIT's Online Student Information System. Advisees will have access to their folders beginning Monday, August 18 via a link provided on the Class of 2018 website.
Results from the FEE, Math Diagnostic, and Advanced Standing Exams will populate to the Folder over the next two weeks as tests are administered and graded during Orientation.
You only had temporary access to Part 2 of the student's Admissions application via the Online Folder. The Admissions information was only available until Registration Day, Sept. 2. After September 2, the Admissions information is taken down. Please print out a hard copy if you want to keep it in the student's folder.