Even at the end of the spring semester; your role as a mentor, counselor, and advocate to your advisees is still very important. This is especially true if you have any advisees who are struggling academically.
This section offers some guidance on what's coming up for you and your freshmen at the end of term, with information on:
- Freshman Subject Lecturers: A reference list of all freshman science core subject lecturers that includes contact information should you need to be in touch about fifth week flags or other performance concerns.
- Recognizing Signs of Stress: Tips and advice to help you identify issues that may be affecting your advisees at this point in the semester.
- Helping Advisees Improve Performance: Suggestions for helping students review and evaluate their academic situation and to make a plan for future success.
- Academic Standards and End of Term Procedures: Details on academic standards and the end of term review process.
- End of Term CAP Meetings: Details on the two sets of CAP meetings held at the end of term to review student performance.
- The Advisor's Role at End of Term: Advice on your role in the end of term academic review process.
- Spring Term Wrap-Up: Information on returning Advisor Folders and how to prepare them for return.