Advising Right Now: Registration and Registration Changes
- Review the Class of 2018 Website. Look at the substantial advice we give to freshmen about self-assessment, planning a balanced schedule, using Pass/No Record grading wisely and preparing for ABC/No Record, subject prerequisites, and taking higher-level subjects in the first term.
- Review each advisee's Online Freshman Advising Folder for details on incoming credit, placement exam scores and recommendations and the results of any Advanced Standing exams for which the student may have sat. See the Online Freshman Advising Folder page under Advising Resources for complete details on folder content, including how to access and use your advisees' Online Folder information.
Freshmen can check their current schedule on WebSIS for the dates, times, and room numbers for each subject for which the student initially registered. Note that the schedule is only available online until Friday, September 5.
Important scheduling notes:
- Any changes to the student's registration will NOT be reflected on a new schedule! Students must keep track.
- Switching recitations or sections within a subject (i.e., moving from one 8.01 recitation to another): Instructions on changing recitation sections for Science Core subjects are posted on the Registrar's website
Checking Status of Registration
Students should check their official subject registrations on WebSIS to make sure all subjects are properly registered. Students are responsible for reviewing their registration carefully and promptly correcting any discrepancies by contacting the Registrar's Office, 5-119.
If students make subsequent changes to their registration during the term, they should recheck it on WebSIS to confirm accuracy.
Adding and Dropping Subjects
- ADD DATE is Friday, October 3: This is the last day that students can add a class to fall registrations.
- DROP DATE is Wednesday, November 19. This is the last day that students can drop a class from fall registrations.
Follow the instructions on the Registrar's site for information about adding or dropping a class.