Official Policies and Details of Requirements
These sites explain specific requirements and cover a broad range of policies and procedures as well. The Academic Guide, in particular, is a little-known compendium of lots of useful information.
- Communication Requirement: Clear statement of relation between the FEE (Freshman Essay Evaluation) and freshman Communication Intensive subjects. Also explains requirement for the sophomore, junior, and senior years.
- HASS Requirement: Explains everything you need to know about the HASS requirement.
- Academic Guide for Undergraduates and Their Advisor: This guide summarizes academic regulations and procedures, and offers overall general academic guidance to MIT undergraduates and their advisors. It contains information on advising, the undergraduate curriculum, grading and examinations, petitions, changes in status, special situations and programs, graduation rules, and other issues related to academic life.
- Academic Integrity: Academic integrity is a fundamental requirement for everyone working in the MIT community.
- Policies and Procedures: Principal policies and procedures that guide MIT faculty and staff members in the pursuit of Institute objectives and in relations with the community at large. Particularly relevant to advising is Section 9.7 Relations with Students and Student Conduct.