Nominate an Advisor for the 2012-2013 Outstanding Advisor Award
The annual Outstanding Advisor award honors and recognizes a freshman Advisor who has demonstrated outstanding dedication to freshmen. In support of your nomination, please include specific reasons why you believe your nominee is deserving of this award. These are some points to consider when you write your nomination.
- Consistently checked in with h/her advisees more often than was necessary, not just prior to deadlines or events.
- Showed a personal interest in each advisee by expressing a genuine concern for their well being and individual story.
- Proactively and consistently gave sound advice and resources to his/her advisees.
- Demonstrated generosity with h/her time by being accessible and approachable throughout the year.
- Regularly organized fun and interesting activities with the advising group and made sure to be engaging and inclusive.
- If applicable, made sure to engage the associate advisor(s) in meetings and communication with his/her advisees.
Deadline for nominations is Friday, March 22, 2013.