Nominate an Associate for the 2012-2013 Outstanding Associate Advisor Award
The annual Outstanding Associate Advisor award honors and recognizes an Associate Advisor who has demonstrated outstanding dedication to freshmen. In support of your nomination, please include specific reasons why you believe your nominee is deserving of this award. These are some points to consider when you write your nomination.
The Associate Advisor:
- Consistently checked in with h/her advisees more often than was necessary, not just prior to deadlines or events.
- Took the initiative in giving advice and resources to freshmen on classes, majors, study skills and campus life.
- Proactively reached out to freshmen living community and/or affiliated FSILG to provide resources and guidance.
- Regularly organized fun and interesting activities with the advising group and made sure to be engaging and inclusive.
- Involved in organizing academic programs for freshmen in his/her dorm.
- Demonstrated a personal interest in freshmen by being accessible and approachable throughout the year.
Deadline for nominations is Friday, March 22, 2013.