Leadership & Development Highlights
The Office of Undergraduate Advising and Academic Programming (UAAP) has organized a series of lively and interactive training opportunities for you throughout the academic year. These training sessions will help you address some of the challenges facing your freshman advisees and will direct you to solutions and resources available to help them. We strongly encourage new and returning associate advisors to participate!
As stated in your Associate Advisor Application, the UAAP expects you to attend at least 2 training sessions per year.
- New Associate Advisors: You should register online for 2 or more training sessions. We strongly encourage you to attend one of the September events titled "Mentoring @ MIT".
- Returning Associate Advisors: You should register online for 2 training sessions and plan to work with the UAAP to facilitate these events. For example, we might ask you to do the following
- Put together a 2-3 minute role play on helping your advisee study effectively
- Provide us with a list of questions that advisees might have in the first semester
- Be a facilitator for an ice breaker or leadership game