People Who Can Help
Some students think that asking for help is a sign of weakness and that they should be able to handle their problems alone. However, everyone needs additional help to solve problems or improve a situation at some point. Admitting that you need help takes courage and is the first step toward finding solutions.
There are a host of individuals and offices available to assist MIT students both personally and academically.
- The Office of Undergraduate Advising and Academic Programming
- Recitation Instructors, Science Core Tutors and Graduate Resident Tutors
- Residence Life Associates
- House Masters
- Office of Minority Education
- Student Support Services
- MIT Chaplains
- Community Wellness at MIT Medical
- Writing and Communications Center
- MIT Center for Academic Excellence (ACADEX)
If you have any questions or need additional advice, please contact UAAP staff.