Resources: Support for Students
Everyone needs additional help to solve problems or improve a situation at some point. Admitting that you need help takes courage and is the first step toward finding solutions. By reassuring your advisees that it is acceptable to ask for help, you can get them connected to important resources.
There are a variety of offices and people on campus that can help your advisees and freshmen in your dorm to get the help that they need:
- The Office of Undergraduate Advising and Academic Programming
- Recitation Instructors, Science Core Tutors and Graduate Resident Tutors
- Writing and Communications Center
- MIT Center for Academic Excellence (ACADEX)
- Math Learning Center
- Office of Minority Education
- Student Support Services
- MIT Chaplains
- Community Wellness at MIT Medical
Support in the Dorms
See also the MIT Together site for comprehensive resource lists.