Becoming an Associate: Associate Advisor Steering Committee Description
The Associate Advisor Steering Committee connects associate advisors to the freshmen living in their dorm. The Committee is made up of associate advisors who represent every dorm on campus. Members are responsible for leading and collaborating with associate advisors in their dorm to provide an in-house support system and after hour academic resources for freshmen.
The UAAP staff selects one associate advisor to represent dorms on campus. Members will serve as liaisons between their dorm and the UAAP to ensure consistent messaging for freshmen. This includes regular communication, distribution of accurate information and appropriate resources. Additionally, they will provide ongoing recommendations to UAAP staff for freshman programming and associate advisor training.
- Make a one-year commitment to serve on the Committee
- Live in the dorm that s/he represents for the entire academic year
- Meet as a committee once per month
- Report and communicate regularly with Staff Associate, Leslie Bottari
- Demonstrate initiative and strong communication skills