Advising Right Now: Important Dates
Please make sure to check this page regularly, as it alerts you to important dates that affect freshmen. Also, you should review the associate advisor Training Schedule and register for at least one session.
By August 12
- The advisor you are working with will receive a list of your freshman advisees. S/he will have the opportunity to send a welcome email and include you in the process.
- Associate Advisor Orientation: 1-2pm 10-250. This event will prepare you for freshman registration and is mandatory for both new and returning associate advisors.
- Your advisor will likely meet with your advising group for the first time from 3:30-5:00 pm. You should prepare for this meeting by talking to your advisor in advance about talking points and how you might contribute.
- Freshman Registration Day. This is the official day for freshmen to register online. Freshmen must submit approved online registrations by 5:00 pm.
- First Day of Classes: Check in with advisees about class schedules and recitation/lecture changes (most are scheduled on REG day, Sept. 6)
- Add Date: Check in with advisees and your freshman advisor prior to deadline in case freshmen need to adjust their registration.