Advising Right Now: Important Dates
Please make sure to check this page regularly, as it alerts you to important dates that affect freshmen. Also, you should review the associate advisor Training Schedule and register for at least one session.
- By Aug 14: The advisor you are working with will receive a list of your freshman advisees. S/he will have the opportunity to send a welcome email and include you in the process.
- Aug 17: Online Freshman Advising Folder becomes available
- Aug 31: Associate Advisor Orientation from 1-2:00pm in Room 10-250. Refreshments will be provided.
- Sept 1: Your advisor will likely meet with your advising group for the first time from 3:30-5:00 pm. You should prepare for this meeting by talking to your advisor in advance about talking points and how you might contribute.
- Sept 3: Freshman Registration Day. This is the official day for freshmen to register online. Freshmen must submit approved online registrations by 5:00 pm.
- Sept 4: Freshmen' schedules will be available temporarily on WebSIS (until September 11). Remind freshmen to print their schedules before they disappear.
- Sept 9: First Day of Classes: Check in with advisees about class schedules and recitation/lecture changes (most are scheduled on REG day)
- Week of Sept 21: Recommended check-in with advisees. Remind them to double-check registration status on WebSIS (not Stellar) prior to Add Date.
- Oct 9: Add Date: Check in with advisees and your freshman advisor prior to deadline in case freshmen need to adjust their registration.