Advising Right Now: Important Dates
Please make sure to check this page regularly, as it alerts you to important dates that affect freshmen. Also, you should review the associate advisor Training Schedule and register for at least one session.
- Dec. 29: Deadline for all students to initiate pre-registration without a fee, and to select preferences for Spring CI-H/CI-HW subjects.
- Jan 9: First day of Independent Activities Period (IAP)
- Jan 14: If have advisees finishing 8.01L or 18.02A, check in with them to see how they are performing in the class.
- Jan 30: Online registration opens for all students.
- Jan 30 - Feb. 3: Department Exploration (DEX) for freshmen who want to explore majors. Events include: student topic panels, open houses and showcases of projects and research.
- Feb 6: Registration Day. Expected to attend registration meetings of advisees. Must plan around your own registration.
- Feb 7: First day of Spring Term classes
- Feb 6: Associate Advisor application for 2017-2018 and Outstanding Associate Advisor and Advisor award nominations are available online.
- Feb 13: Check in with your advisees to make sure they have finalized their spring schedule. They need to confirm any registration on WebSIS.
- Mar 10: Add Date. Check in with your advisees to see if they are considering switching a class version in which they would need to add a class.
- Mar 13: Fifth Week Flags email notices begin to out to freshmen. Though you are not copied on notifications, check with your advisor to see if s/he would like you to follow up with anyone who is struggling.
- Mar 24: Deadline for Associate Advisor applications and Outstanding Associate Advisor and Freshman Advisor awards
- Mar 27-31: Spring vacation. Send a quick note to your advisees asking about their plans for break.