Advising Right Now: Important Dates
Please make sure to check this page regularly, as it alerts you to important dates that affect freshmen. Also, you should review the associate advisor Training Schedule and register for at least one session.
- Feb 6: Registration Day. Expected to attend registration meetings of advisees. Must plan around your own registration.
- Feb 7: First day of Spring Term classes
- Feb 6: Associate Advisor application for 2017-2018 and Outstanding Associate Advisor and Advisor award nominations are available online.
- Feb 13: Check in with your advisees to make sure they have finalized their spring schedule. They need to confirm any registration on WebSIS.
- Mar 10: Add Date. Check in with your advisees to see if they are considering switching a class version in which they would need to add a class.
- Mar 13: Fifth Week Flags email notices begin to out to freshmen. Though you are not copied on notifications, check with your advisor to see if s/he would like you to follow up with anyone who is struggling.
- Mar 24: Deadline for Associate Advisor applications; Outstanding Associate Advisor and Advisor awards
- Mar 27-31: Spring vacation. Send a quick note to your advisees asking about their plans for break.