Advising Right Now: Important Dates
Please make sure to check this page regularly, as it alerts you to important dates that affect freshmen. Also, you should review the associate advisorTraining Schedule and register for at least one session.
- Drop Date: Make sure that your advisees have dropped any classes that they are not attending. Help them evaluate whether or not to drop any classes for which they have been flagged.
- Online Pre-Registration for IAP and Spring Term begins. All students pre-register online.
December 11 & 12
- Stress Prevention Activities (SPA) will be held from 10:00-2:00 pm in Room 7-103. Take a break from MIT books and relax in the UAAP for a while you and your advisees can talk to staff and other students about the upcoming challenges you face and how to remain balanced.
This event is hosted by the UAAP and the Health Educators from the Center for Health Promotion and Wellness.
- Last day of Fall Term classes
- Fall Term Final Exams
- Deadline for students to initiate pre-registration without a fee.
- First Day of January Independent Activities Period (IAP) Are you or your advisees on campus during IAP? Take a class or participate in a fun activity: mit.edu/iap/.
- Last day of January Independent Activities Period.
- Spring Registration Day