Advising Right Now: Important Dates
Please make sure to check this page regularly, as it alerts you to important dates that affect freshmen. Also, you should review the associate advisor Training Schedule and register for at least one session.
- Mar 10: Add Date. Check in with your advisees to see if they are considering switching a class version in which they would need to add a class.
- Mar 13: Fifth Week Flags email notices begin to out to freshmen. Though you are not copied on notifications, check with your advisor to see if s/he would like you to follow up with anyone who is struggling.
- Mar 24: Deadline for Associate Advisor applications; Outstanding Associate Advisor and Advisor awards
- Mar 27-31: Spring vacation. Send a quick note to your advisees asking about their plans for break.
- April 6-9: Campus Preview Weekend (CPW) Many freshmen will be hosting prospective students.
- April 27: Drop Date
- April 27: Freshmen declare their major
- May 1: Online pre-Registration for Fall 2017 opens. All students must initiate pre-registration.
- May 18: Last Day of Classes
- May 22-26: Final Exam Period