Advising Right Now: Important Dates
Please make sure to check this page regularly, as it alerts you to important dates that affect freshmen. Also, you should review the associate advisor Training Schedule and register for at least one session.
- Dec. 31: Deadline for all students to initiate pre-registration without a fee, and to select preferences for Spring CI-H/CI-HW subjects.
- Jan 5: First day of Independent Activities Period (IAP)
- Jan 12: If have advisees finishing 8.01L or 18.02A, check in with them to see how they are performing in the class.
- Jan 26: Online registration opens for all students.
- Jan 26 - 30: Department Exploration (DEX) for freshmen who want to explore majors. Events include: student topic panels, open houses and showcases of projects and research.
- Jan 30: Last day of IAP
- Feb 2: Registration Day. Expected to attend registration meetings of advisees. Must plan around your own registration.
- Feb 3: First day of Spring Term classes
- Feb 9: Third quarter Physical Educational classes begin. Send an email reminder to your advisees.
- Feb 9: Associate Advisor application for 2015-2016 is available online.
- Feb 10: Outstanding Associate Advisor and Advisor award nominations are available online.
- Feb 11: Check in with your advisees to make sure they have finalized their spring schedule. They need to confirm any registration on Websis.
- Mar 6: Add Date. Check in with your advisees to see if they are considering switching a class version in which they would need to add a class.
- Mar 9: Fifth Week Flags email notices begin to out to freshmen. Though you are not copied on notifications, check with your advisor to see if s/he would like you to follow up with anyone who is struggling.
- Mar 13: Deadline for Associate Advisor applications
- Mar 23 -27: Spring vacation. Send a quick note to your advisees asking about their plans for break.
- Mar 27: Deadline to nominate for Outstanding Associate Advisor and Freshman Advisor awards