Advising Right Now: Advisee Registration
Your student perspective and experience are very important to the registration of your advisees. Communication with your advisor is necessary if you want to play an active role in this process. So make yourself available and be a valuable contributor to these important conversations.
- On January 25, advisees and your advisor will have access to online Spring 2016 Registration (based on their pre-registration).
- Advisees need to meet with your advisor between January 25 and February 1 to complete their registration.
- Students on campus at the end of IAP can arrange to meet earlier than Registration Day, February 1, to complete registration.
- Once students submit their registration, all changes need to be made using the digital Add/Drop forms.
If your advisor already met with your freshmen about spring classes, you can follow up with each student about their individual plans. This will give you the opportunity to give some general advice about being prepared for the spring and address specific issues (e.g. grades, UROP, difficult classes and maintaining balance) there should be mindful of going forward.
Should your advisees find the need to make any registration changes after registration is submitted, they need to heed the following deadlines.
- ADD DATE is Friday, March 4: This is the last day that students can add a class to spring egistrations.
- DROP DATE is Thursday, April 21. This is the last day that students can drop a class from fall registrations.
Follow the instructions on the Registrar's site for information about adding or dropping a class.