MIT: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
for transfer students
The First Year at MIT

Housing: On-Campus Housing

As a transfer student, you are eligible for on-campus housing. The Undergraduate Housing Office will contact you over the summer with a letter explaining the housing selection process. You will have the opportunity to indicate your on-campus housing preferences by means of an electronic Housing Request Form that will include a submission deadline.

There are numerous undergraduate residences on campus. Residence halls offer varying flavors of community and services that you should explore before making your selection.

If you prefer to live off-campus, you should explore those options.

For more information, go to or contact or (617) 253-1493.