Welcome to the TinFoil project
Keep the government out of my head and my stuff!
This page is for my Dissertation, which is centered around designing
and implementing useful privacy and security tools to generate an
end-to-end solution for RFID applications.
The name comes from two inspirations (and thanks to Joseph Sokol-Margolis):
Tinfoil is designed to attack the problem at three different points
- The flavor of paranoia that causes crazy people to wear AFDB (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies) to keep the government/aliens/your mom from beaming mind-control rays into your head.
- The fact that you can silence most RFID tags simply with a small swatch of aluminum foil.
Tinfoil is written in Java. The only module that is ready for public use is
TorLib which is useful in its own right.
- Making RFID Tags less promiscous and harder to copy.
- Protecting the discovery link during an ONS lookup
- Providing a generic scalable access control system for controlling
ownership of RFID allociated data.