In the process of measuring the ADC test chip's performance, I wrote some MATLAB scripts to generate the FFT, INL, and DNL plots and compute the ENOB. While the techniques used in the scripts are very common knowledge, I am posting them as a reference for anyone interested in ADCs. Please inform me if you become aware of errors in the scripts.
- calcfft.m: Computes the DFT spectrum for a real signal. Uses the Hann window. Sums up smeared bin power to determine SNDR. Test code generates a pure sinusoid quantized to N-bits.
- histdnlcalc.m: Computes the DNL based on the sinusoid histogram testing method (Doernberg, Lee, and Hodges, JSSC 1984). Test code generates a highly-oversampled sinusoid with a missing code.
F.M. Yaul, A.P. Chandrakasan, "A 10b 0.6nW SAR ADC with Data-Dependent Energy Savings Using LSB-First Successive Approximation," IEEE International Solid State Circuits Conference (ISSCC), San Francisco, USA, February 2014.
F.M. Yaul, V. Bulovic, J.H. Lang, "A Flexible Underwater Pressure Sensor Array using a Conductive Elastomer Strain Gauge", IEEE International Micro Electro Mechanical Systems Conference (MEMS), Paris, France, January 2012.
S. Paydavosi, F.M. Yaul, A.I. Wang, F. Niroui, T.L. Andrew, V. Bulovic, J.H. Lang, "MEMS Switches Employing Active Metal-Polymer Nanocomposites", IEEE International Micro Electro Mechanical Systems Conference (MEMS), Paris, France, January 2012.
S.C. Chang, F.M. Yaul, D.M. Otten, A. Dominguez-Garcia, F. O'Sullivan, J.H. Lang, "Harvesting Energy from Moth Vibrations During Flight", Proc. International PowerMEMS Conference, pp. 57-60, Washington D.C., USA, December 2009.
F.M. Yaul, A.P. Chandrakasan, A 10-bit SAR ADC With Data-Dependent Energy Reduction Using LSB-First Successive Approximation, J. Solid-State Circuits, December 2014.
F.M. Yaul, V. Bulovic, J.H. Lang, A Flexible Underwater Pressure Sensor Array Using a Conductive Elastomer Strain Gauge, J. Microelectromech. Sys. vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 897-907, 2012.
V. Fernandez, A. Maertens, F. M. Yaul, J. Dahl, J. H. Lang, and M. S.
Triantafyllou, “Lateral-line-inspired sensor arrays for navigation and
object identification”, J. Marine Tech. Soc., vol. 45, no. 4, 2011.
F.M. Yaul, A Flexible Underwater Pressure Sensor Array for Artificial Lateral Line Applications", M.Eng. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, September 2011
- 2012 David Adler Memorial Award for outstanding Master of Engineering thesis in electrical engineering, 1st place
- 2012 Morris Joseph Levin Award for EECS Master of Engineering thesis presentation
- 2011 National Defense Science & Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship
- 2011 Hertz Fellowship Finalist
- 2010 Microsystems Annual Research Conference (MARC) presentation award