create your own
There’s a world of creative combinations and entrepreneurial opportunities out there, things to do and places to go that we don’t even know about yet. Want to multitask and help a community while you’re studying abroad? Combine a few resources to make it happen! You’ve found your own summer job through the ICAN network? Please bring back pictures!
Below are a few resources that might help you find your own path:
- Join an IDEAS Competition or the $100K Entrepreneurship Competition team
- Pursue a Minor in International Studies and spend a summer working abroad
- Get creative advice and help through faculty connections, the Institute Career Assistance Network (ICAN), the MIT Careers Office
- Propose an innovative idea to Public Service Center staff who can help with grants or offer fundraising advice
- Start with D-Lab, S-Lab, G-Lab, or Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship – and work with a company on a new initiative abroad
- Create your own service learning project by working with your professor and the Study Abroad staff to see the possibilities
- Combine a study abroad with an internship, an internship or IROP with public service, or suggest your own unique combination. Discuss your idea with the staff of the programs that interest you.
- If you have an idea and don't know where to start, contact email@example.com and you will be directed to the appropriate resource