The MIT logo may only be used as the profile image on department social media accounts as outlined below. It may not be used by itself, since it could be confused with MIT as a whole.
(MIT’s social media policies can be found here.)
Communication Production Services can create your social media icon at no charge and provide you with the appropriate files. Contact us to get started. Or, if you are creating your own social media icon, be sure to follow these standards.
For departments without a logo
- Use the format below if you would like to leverage the MIT logo in your branding strategy on social media. We can prepare the icon for you at no charge. Contact us to get started.
- The primary colors for the MIT logo are black and red, but there is flexibility to change the stem of the “I” to another color. See the Do/Don’t page for color standards on using the MIT logo.
- Any color may be used for a solid background, with everything reversed to white.
For departments with their own logo
- Use the format below if you would like to leverage the MIT logo in your branding strategy on social media. The color on the stem of the “I” or the solid background color may be adjusted to coordinate with your department’s identity. We can prepare the icon for you at no charge. Contact us to get started.
- Alternatively, you may use your department’s logo to fill the space.
See more examples of social media profile images in use at MIT.
Communication Production Services can provide guidance on creating a social media profile image and show you design options. Contact us to get started.