Social Media MIT branding
Representing the MIT brand
When you post to third-party social media outlets on behalf of MIT, you are representing the MIT brand. Here are some simple guidelines to help you put your best foot forward. If you have specific questions on branding, please contact Communication Production Services (CPS).
- Always begin with MIT when creating a name for your Facebook page, Twitter page or blog: MIT School of Science, MIT Media Lab.
- Use of the MIT logo is reserved for MIT’s institutional pages, such as the MIT News Office.
- Departments, schools or labs should use their official logo or an iconic photo or image that is representative of the organization.
- Follow all MIT identity guidelines. If you have questions, contact CPS.
- Follow MIT's policies and procedures regarding copyright, privacy and sharing of information.