Department of Chemistry, MIT
77 Massachusetts Avenue, 66-325
Cambridge, MA 02139-4703
Master of Science: University of Florida, Department of Chemistry
Bachelor of Science: University of Science and Technology of China,
Department of Chemical Physics
"Smart" stimuli-responsive materials for molecular detection, controlled release, and skin protection.
• Yunfei Zhang, Quan Yuan, Tao Chen, Xiaobing Zhang, Yan Chen, Weihong Tan. “DNA-capped mesoporous silica nanoparticles as an ion-responsive release system to determine the presence of mercury in aqueous solutions” Analytical Chemistry, 2012, 84 (4), 1956–1962.
• Quan Yuan, Yunfei Zhang, Tao Chen, Zhenxing Li, Chunhua Yan, and Weihong Tan. “Photon Manipulated Mesoporous Nanocontainer for Reversible Release Controlled by
Azobenzene-modified Nucleic Acid” ACS Nano, 2012, 6 (7), 6337–6344.
• Michael J. Donovan, Ling Meng, Tao Chen, Yunfei Zhang, Kwame Sefah and Weihong Tan. “Aptamer-Drug Conjugation for Targeted Tumor Cell Therapy”, Methods in Molecular Biology, 2011. 764 141-152.
• Quan Yuan, Yunfei Zhang, Yan Chen, Ruowen Wang, Chaolin Du, Emir Yasun, Weihong Tan. “Using Silver Nanowire Antennas to Enhance the Conversion Efficiency of Photoresponsive DNA Nanomotors, ” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2010, 180(23) 9331-9336.
• Yunfei Zhang, Yan Chen, Da Han, Ismail Ocsoy, Weihong Tan. “Aptamers selected by
cell-systematic evolution of ligands by exponential enrichment for application in cancer studies”, Bioanalysis 2010 2(5) 907-918.
• Yunfei Zhang, Lifeng Yan. “Separation of Cellulose from Wheat Using a Mixture of Carboxyl Acids and Peroxoacids and the preparation of Cellulose Aqueous Solution”, Chinese Polymer Bulletin 2010(5) 32-36.