Shorashim - MIT
Our trips are scheduled for winter break and mid-late May; specific dates will be confirmed closer to travel time.
If you're Jewish, age 18-26, and have never been on a peer-group trip to Israel, Taglit-Birthright Israel offers you a gift: the best way for you to have the time of your life in Israel - FOR FREE!
Travel with other MIT students for a FREE 10 day trip to Israel while making friends from across the country and Israeli friends. Our trip provider, Shorashim, provides an amazing introduction to both the land and the people in Israel!
- Explore the Old City of Jerusalem
- Hike through the Galilee region
- Check out Tel Aviv
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Scale the heights of Masada and see the sunrise
- Spend a night in a Bedouin tent
- A 10-day mifgash (encounter) with your Israeli peers.
- Learn about Israel and your Jewish identity
Here's how it works:
1) All those interested should go to www.israelwithisraelis.com to register. Sign up on the Shorashim mailing list to get reminders sent to your email leading up to registration each round (in the beginning of the fall and spring semesters).
2) Within about a month of registration, you'll hear about the dates of the trip. If the dates don't work for you, or if you decide not to go this time around, the $250 deposit is FULLY refundable for several months after registration.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please contact Shoshana Gibbor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-452-3329.
Taglit-Birthright Israel is an innovative partnership between the people of Israel through the Government of Israel, private philanthropies and thousands of donors and Jewish communities around the world (North American Jewish Federations through the Jewish Federations of North America; the Jewish Agency for Israel; and Keren Hayesod).
This trip is a gift from Taglit-Birthright Israel. This trip covers round-trip airfare plus ten days of educational programming in Israel.
Since January 2011, MIT Hillel in partnership with MISTI-Israel has offered an MIT Birthright Extension. This MIT-only unique opportunity adds 3-4 extra days to the Birthright experience to explore the hi-tech side of Israel: labs, start-ups, and hi-tech companies (many of which students choose to return to as summer MISTI-Israel interns). ---Hospitality and interactions with MIT alumni round out the extra time in Israel.