Design is the third phase of BPI. This is where you define
the desired future state
of the process.
- What's the vision?
- How would we like it to work?
- Are there targets we want to
set or have to meet?
- Are there some fundamental
principles we are drawing on for design?
the Design Criteria
- The new process needs to ...
See client support
recommendations from Support in IS
- How can we get the work done
in a way that meets the design criteria?
- Map out the "to be" process
so you establish the desired future state
- Use scenarios to test out the
design (i.e., what if?)
- What are the implications for
the organizational structure, for the people, for the systems, etc?
- Make refinements to the proposed
- Finalize recommendations
Communicating with the Organization
- Share information from the
data collection and design phase
- Consult people on the "proposed
- Find out where the sensitive
- Gather ideas you can use to
- Build support