The first phase of BPI, known as initiation, is an opportunity
to focus on a particular process and determine the scope of its redesign.
- Who might be the sponsor?
- What's the felt need for change?
- What's happening outside as
well as inside the organization?
- How do you get a more complete
picture of this situation?
- What's the scope?
See sample scope statement
from the Distributed Support Team in Information Systems (IS)
- How will you tackle the task?
- If you use a team, how will
it be formed?
- Will membership include
internal and external people?
- Critical decision points
- What's in scope?
- What's outside the scope?
- Who's on the team and who's
- What's the sponsor's status?