10th IACHEC meeting first announcement
Book these dates in your calender now! A more detailed announcement with additional logistical details will be circulated in the fall this year. Some preliminary information follows.
The meeting fee will be around 2500.00 RMB per person. The fee will include all meals and coffee breaks, as well as broadband Internet access.
Accomodation shall be paid separately by each participant. Three types of room will be available:
- Standard room, 460.00 RMB per night
- Deluxe Single-bed Room, 750.00 RMB per night
- Deluxe Suite, 1480.00 per night
The registration page will be published shortly. It will be announced through the IACHEC mailing list, once available.
The HXMT Workshop
The IACHEC meeting will be followed by a HXMT Workshop on April 24 and 25 (Friday and Saturday), aiming at discussing specific aspects of this forthcoming mission:
- The scientific goals and the arrangement of observation plan of HXMT
- Introduction to HXMT payloads
- Calibration work and CALDB
- Special considerations for in-orbit calibrations
- Discussion of cross calibration and its requirements
- Method of background estimation
IACHEC colleagues interested to attend the HXMT Workshop are encouraged to contact Dr. Li Xiaobo.
Looking forward to meeting you in Beijing!