10th IACHEC meeting
Book these dates in your calender now! A more detailed announcement with additional logistical details will be circulated in the fall this year. Some preliminary information follows.
The meeting fee will be around 2500.00 RMB per person. The fee will include all meals and coffee breaks, as well as broadband Internet access.
Accomodation shall be paid separately by each participant. Three types of room will be available:
- Standard room, 460.00 RMB per night
- Deluxe Single-bed Room, 750.00 RMB per night
- Deluxe Suite, 1480.00 RMB per night
Participants partners should pay additional 1200 RMB for all meals at the hotel. The four day cost with a partner is therefore 3700 (2500+1200) RMB.
Registration and visa
Prospective participants are requested to register through the registration form by February 25, 2015. The meeting web page at IHEP includes also information and forms for the visa application. If you need an invitation letter or an hotel reservation confirmation, please fill the visa application form and send it Dr. Li Xiaobo. Please, apply for your visa sufficiently in advance!
- 20/4, morning: Calibration updates for operational missions, Calibration plans for missions in development
- 20/4, afternoon: Working Groups meet: Calibration Uncertainties, Galaxy cluster I, High-resolution, Thermal SNR I
- 21/4, morning: In-flight calibration plans for future missions
- 21/4, afternoon: Working Groups meet: Contamination, Effective area, Heritage, White Dwarfs and Isolated Neutron Stars
- 21/4, evening: High-resolution spectroscopy challenges
- 22/4, morning: Path to improve the cross-calibration status
- 22/4, afternoon: Working Groups meet: CCD and background, Galaxy Clusters II, Non-thermal SNR, Thermal SNR II
- 23/4, morning: Working Groups report
The HXMT Workshop
The IACHEC meeting will be followed by a HXMT Workshop on April 24 and 25 (Friday and Saturday), aiming at discussing specific aspects of this forthcoming mission:
- The scientific goals and the arrangement of observation plan of HXMT
- Introduction to HXMT payloads
- Calibration work and CALDB
- Special considerations for in-orbit calibrations
- Discussion of cross calibration and its requirements
- Method of background estimation
IACHEC colleagues interested to attend the HXMT Workshop are encouraged to contact Dr. Li Xiaobo.
- 1 December 2014: registration opens
- 25 February 2015: registration closes
- 15 March 2015: publication of the final scientific program
- 20 April 2015: 10th IACHEC meeting starts
- 24 April 2015: HXMT Workshop starts