10th IACHEC meeting
The most convenient way to reach the Fragrant Hill Hotel from the Beijing Capital International Airport is by taxi. Please, follow these instructions. They include the print-out of a message in Chinese you could show to the taxi driver, as well as the route from the airport to the hotel.
The meeting fee will be around 2500.00 RMB per person. The fee will include all meals and coffee breaks, as well as broadband Internet access. Payments can be made via bank transfer, or cash at the meeting venue. Payment through PayPal will be available shortly. Overseas bank card payments will be affected by a surcharge of 5%.
Participants partners should pay additional 1200 RMB for all meals at the hotel. The four day cost with a partner is therefore 3700 (2500+1200) RMB.
The scientific program is available here.
The HXMT Workshop
The IACHEC meeting will be followed by a HXMT Workshop on April 24 and 25 (Friday and Saturday), aiming at discussing specific aspects of this forthcoming mission:
- The scientific goals and the arrangement of observation plan of HXMT
- Introduction to HXMT payloads
- Calibration work and CALDB
- Special considerations for in-orbit calibrations
- Discussion of cross calibration and its requirements
- Method of background estimation
IACHEC colleagues interested to attend the HXMT Workshop are encouraged to contact Dr. Li Xiaobo.
- 31 March 2015: publication of the final scientific program
- 20 April 2015: 10th IACHEC meeting starts
- 24 April 2015: HXMT Workshop starts