11th IACHEC meeting
29 February - 3 March 2016, IUCAA (Pune, India)
The 11th IACHEC meeting will be held at the
Inter-University Center for Astronomy
and Astrophysics (IUCAA; Pune, India) from
the 29th of February to the 3rd of March.
The meeting will last 3.5 days. It will start on Monday morning,
and it will close before lunch on Thursday.
Participants are expected to arrive in Pune no later than
Sunday, February 28.
The meeting will have the usual structure, alternating reports on the calibration status of operational and future missions, special plenary sessions, and Working Group meetings:
- 29/2, AM: Calibration status of operational and future missions
- 29/2, PM: Working Groups meet
- 1/3, AM: Working Groups meet
- 1/3, PM: Special session I: Astrosat scientific highlights and first calibration results
- 1/3, 21:00-22:30: Special session II: Challanges for data analysis of high-resolution spectra
- 2/3, AM: Special session III: Improving the cross-calibration status: report from pilot projects employing the Harvard Astro-statistic Group mathematical framework
- 2/3, PM: Working Groups meet
- 3/3, AM: Working Groups report
The registration fee for overseas participants is USD 250. It covers all meals and coffee/tea breaks during the meeting, as well as access to broadband wireless Internet network in all the meeting rooms. The fee covers also the accommodation costs at the IUCAA campus and a shuttle bus from/to the hotels to/from the meeting venue during the days of the meeting.
The registration is now closed. If you wish to attend the meeting and have not registered yet, please contact the Local Organizing Committee.
- 1 July 2015: First announcement ("book the dates in your calendar!")
- 1 October 2015: Second announcement
- 1 December 2015: Deadline for meeting registration
- 15 January 2016: Publication of the scientific program
- 29 February 2016: the 11st IACHEC meeting starts!