|Jan/30||Wed||06:30PM-09:00PM||W20-461, bring the required tools and a bike|
Enrollment: Limited: Advance sign-up required
Sign-up by 01/11
Limited to 25 participants
Prereq: Basic understanding of bike repair, or Bike Mechanics I
This course is intended for those with basic experience in bike mechanics who want to learn more.
- Cable maintenance/installation
- Chain installation/repair
- Headset maintenance/disassembly - Shifter/brifter installation
- Bar taping
- Bottom bracket maintenance
- Front and derailleur maintenance
Attendees should bring their own bike. I'm hoping to talk briefly about each topic for the first hour, then have an hour and a half of hand-on work time.
Attendees should also bring basic repair tools; a list will be sent to registered participants in early January
Contact: Michael Eck, 978-866-7685, ECK@MIT.EDU