The MIT Center for Real Estate summer institute of professional development courses helps practitioners supplement their knowledge of the field.
The Center for Transportation & Logistics takes part in several executive transportation courses, including Logistics Analysis for Carriers and Shippers, Modeling and Simulation for Dynamic Transportation Management Systems, and Public Transportation Service and Operations Planning.
The programs and centers within ESD are developing and enhancing integrated education and research programs in collaboration with faculty from the engineering, management, and social science disciplines.
The MIT Enterprise Forum promotes the formation and growth of innovative and technologically-oriented companies through a series of specialized executive education programs.
The Knight Science Journalism Fellowship program is designed for journalists and others who cover science, technology, medicine, or the environment for the general public.
The MIT Leaders for Global Operations program brings together the rigor and technical expertise of the MIT School of Engineering, the business, leadership practice, and cutting-edge theory of the MIT Sloan School of Management and the real-world experience of the LGO industry partners.
MIT alumni are among the most sought-after talent in the world, and the MIT Alumni Association’s Alumni Employer Relations Program is your pipeline to access these top professionals. MIT alumni are valued in jobs across technology, scientific research & development, finance, consulting, consumer products, energy, manufacturing, aerospace & defense, automotive & transportation, pharmaceuticals, government & policy, chemicals & materials, education, investment banking, data science, risk management, operations & supply chain, just to name a few. If your company seeks high-potential talent who strive to create a positive impact, who seek new ideas and bring a multi-disciplinary approach to solving problems as a cohesive team, then strategically connect with MIT alumni through one of our alumni recruiting programs.
MIT Professional Education provides a gateway to MIT expertise and knowledge for science and engineering professionals around the world. Through MIT Professional Education programs Taught by renowned faculty from across the Institute, technical professionals have the opportunity to gain crucial and timely knowledge in specialized fields, to advance their careers, boost their organization performance, and help make a difference in the world through MIT Professional Education programs. ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Professional Education Short Programs and Digital Programs courses at time of registration.
- Short Programs - Short Programs offers more than 50 courses in two-to-five day sessions, primarily in the summer. Classes may involve lectures, discussions, readings, interactive problem solving, laboratory work, and collaborative projects among participants, faculty, and peers. These intensive courses are designed for busy professionals wishing to gain new career tools and insights about the impact of evolving technologies. Courses combine MIT’s breakthrough research with insights from industry, government, and academic participants. Some courses can be offered at company sites for groups of 25 or more.
- Digital Programs - Digital Programs aims to deliver timely, relevant programs to a global audience using online platforms, including the open-sourced online education platform developed by edX. The benefits of online learning include a flexible schedule that allows busy professionals to take courses at their own convenience; access to advanced professional training from MIT faculty without the need for travel to the MIT campus; and networking opportunities with a diverse population of fellow participants.
- Advanced Study Program - Each semester, professionals in engineering and technical fields come to MIT as Fellows to gain knowledge and skills needed to advance their careers and bring innovative ideas and practices to their employers. While at MIT on campus, they are enrolled as graduate students with full MIT privileges. They plan their own academic experience that may include courses from more than 30 disciplines, and some also arrange research opportunities with faculty in their field. Fellows earn grades, MIT credit, and an ASP certificate.
- Custom Programs - These are programs designed to meet company-specific training needs, and range from a single day to a year-long sequence of sessions, on or off campus. Courses are generally focused on scientific and technical leadership, combining topics from both technology and management fields. MIT Professional Education will work with companies to match their needs with custom curricula from MIT faculty who have in-depth expertise in relevant disciplines.
- International Programs - MIT Professional Education addresses corporate education needs and strategic goals through educational programs relevant to your region. The staff works with your leadership to help define needs and then coordinate with MIT faculty to design a targeted, needs-based learning experience. These specialized courses (based on Short Programs courses) can be 2-5 days and held at your company site, or at an off-site location in your region. Our International Programs apply research insights to your organization’s and country’s real-world challenges while developing productive new networks among employees.
The MIT Sloan School of Management offers an exceptional portfolio of executive programs ranging from two days to twenty months in length. Led by senior faculty, programs combine innovation and entrepreneurship with strategic thinking and global leadership, providing mid- to senior-level executives with the tools and frameworks needed to create and lead successful organizations.
Outstanding mid-career managers are selected by their corporations for the exclusive Sloan Fellows Program. For one year, these men and women develop leadership skills in a challenging, unparalleled community of professional peers.
The System Design and Management Program is a graduate-level academic and research program sponsored by MIT's Sloan School of Management, the School of Engineering, and over 30 industry partners.