4-035 Electronic Classroom Policy
- 4-035 is equipped with 20 SGI workstations and a large
screen, wall-mounted monitor.
- Faculty will be allowed to reserve the room by sending email to
eclass@mit for both regularly scheduled classes and one-time meetings
of classes. During hours not reserved for class lectures, supervised
labs, or recitation sections, the room will be available as a general
purpose cluster, subject to the provisions below.
- Students needing to do assignments that require the SGI will have
priority on the machines in the room.
- An up-to-date schedule of reserved hours will be prominently
posted in the cluster. General users who are logged in are expected
to log off and vacate the room 5 minutes before the start of a class
that has reserved the room
- Use of the room will be monitored so that we can see how well these
guidelines are working. Adjustments to policy will be made as warranted.
Our aim is to have the facility well utilized, while at the same time giving
students and faculty who need access to SGI workstations priority so as to
encourage innovative educational use of the equipment.
To see the 4-035 reservation schedule, select Fall or Summer.
Last modified by
C Dupuis 4/9/96
G Jackson 3/1/96