Shopping & services
Stratton Student Center, Building
- Bank of America 617-225-0086
- MIT Federal Credit Union 617-253-2845
- The COOP carries books, MIT insignia items, and more
Copy Technology Center 617-358-0859
- Printing and copying services, computer workstations
Dry Cleaner & Tailor 617-354-2088
- La Verde's Market 617-621-0733
Optical services 617-498-LENS
US Post Office 617-494-5511
ATMs and banks
- Cambridge Trust, Main Street at Kendall Square
- Bank of America, Main Street at Kendall Square and Lobby 10
- MIT Federal Credit Union, in Lobby 10, Building E19, and the Stratton Student
Bookstores, gifts, and science-themed shopping
- The MIT Press Bookstore is
owned and operated by the MIT Press, the nonprofit, scholarly publishing
program at MIT. The bookstore is at 292 Main Street, at Kendall Square, 617-253-5249.
- The MIT Museum, Building N51 at 265 Massachusetts Ave., has a shop featuring fun household, personal, and gift items with a science-y theme.
- Xylem, on Third Street in Kendall Square, offers unusual gift and home decor items, some with a local connection.
Events and Information Center
- Located in Lobby
7 (77 Massachusetts Avenue), the Events and Information Center provides general campus information, maps, and tours of the campus. For more information, visit the Events and Information Center pages or call 617-253-4795.
Public Safety and Emergency Information
Cambridge and Boston offer an eclectic mix of shopping emporia, from designer boutiques to vintage and thrift warehouses. Some of the major districts include: