MIT Institutional Research
Office of the Provost
  Requesting Data for Academic Research

Institutional Research will consider requests for MIT data to be used in Academic Research.  Depending on the type of data requested, the requestor may need to have the project approved by a senior officer, submit a protocol to the Committee on the Use of Humans as Experimental Subjects (COUHES) and have a data use agreement.