Prospectus Preparation Guidelines
The ISN asks that companies wishing to participate in the
ISN Consortium as Major Industrial Members or Small Business
Industrial Members prepare a short prospectus stating their
vision for protecting the Soldier through nanotechnology,
the company's core competencies relevant to that vision, and
the proposed level of cost sharing they will provide to leverage
Army funding. The prospectus will be reviewed to determine
if the company's core competencies are congruent with the
needs of the ISN.
Before preparing your prospectus, you may want to review the
projects of the ISN. A page summarizing each of approximately
40 projects is available in the Research
section of this web site.
Format and Content
The prospectus for becoming an ISN Consortium member should
be submitted to the ISN electronically as a Word document
consisting of a one-page cover sheet and a narrative that
should not exceed two single-spaced pages.
- Title of proposed membership activity
- Name of company
- Contact person with phone and email
- Date of submittal
- Executive summary (250 words or less)
Narrative (2 pages)
- Company background: please state your companys core businesses, years of operation, number of employees, and experience with nanotechnology and with defense-related work.
- Collaboration objectives: please state the short- and
long-term goals of your proposed membership in the ISN Consortium.
Please be as specific as possible in discussing how you
plan to collaborate with the ISN, mentioning specific ISN
research projects if possible.
- Core competencies: please state your core competencies,
relevant to the ISN mission. Competencies may be in research,
development, engineering, or technology transitioning and
can also include specific technologies, key personnel, or
equipment. Please relate these core competencies to your
proposed objectives above.
- Expected benefits: please state how your membership in
the ISN Consortium will contribute to the ISN mission in
terms of new products developed for the Army. Please also
indicate any expected spinoffs for commercial markets.
- Research planning: please suggest a plan for working with the ISN that covers
the types of research you propose and a potential timeframe for conducting
- Co-investment: please state the level of cost sharing you will provide the
ISN (in terms of cash, equipment, personnel located at the ISN, etc.) and
the schedule over which you will provide it.
Please submit any prospecti to ISN Director of Outreach Franklin Hadley <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Similarly, please feel free to contact Mr. Hadley with any questions you may have about the partnering process.