Travel for Canadians
In order to be readmitted to the US, Canadian Citizens traveling to Canada must be in possession of:
- Valid I-20 for F-1 Visa Students. A new I-20 form or page 3 of your I-20 which has been signed by one of the advisors in the International Students Office within the last 6 months.
Valid DS-2019 for J-1 Visa Students. A new DS-2019 or your current DS-2019 which has been signed within 6 month by your sponsor. If MIT is your sponsor you will need the signature of one of the advisors in the International Students Office, otherwise you need to contact your visa sponsor.
- Valid I-94. (If your I-94 is at USCIS, please see an advisor.)
- Proof of Financial Support other than your I-20 or DS-2019.
- Documentation of MIT enrollment (letter from department, unofficial transcript, MIT ID card, etc.)
- Form I-901 (SEVIS Fee) Receipt
Please be advised that entry into the US is at the sole discretion of the US Border and Customs Protection (USBCP) Immigration Officer at the US border.
Canadian "Landed Immigrants"
If you are a "Landed Immigrant" of Canada you may need a valid US visa. Please check with the International Students Office.